This is oneof the best tarts involving chocolate and nuts I ever made. And it’s not myopinion only. There are many friends that are forever asking me to make them ‘the one with a crunch and chocolate’ again, not interested in the details likethe hazelnuts or the kind of chocolate.
I don’t think they even know itinvolves them. But I do, and I know many will find this combination differentand the flavour superior.
Today we’re making pie around the Sunday Supper family table. The theme in itself is a great one, and this pie is a perfect fit for it. Wait till you read the list of ridiculously amazing pies we baked for all of you.
#BakeForACure encourages us to bake something and take it to a medical cancer treatment professional or someone who has been affected by cancer.
So I’m dedicating this post to my mom who is a breast cancer survivor and today is Mother’s Day here, and to my wonderful brother who lost the battle six years ago, but who is also a survivor, having had cancer 25 years before that. Yes, he had it twice in his life.
I lovehazelnuts, they have a rather sophisticated flavour, and I like them a bit morebecause they are kind of the underdog of nuts. Considered expensive anddifficult to work with, and sometimes they are, many simply reach for any otherkind of nut. But I can make a loaf cake based on their aromatic toasted flavour, and few combinationsare as unbeatable as hazelnuts and dark chocolate, as these truffles will letyou know if you make them.
The factthat my absolute favorite kind of chocolate is dark, very semi-sweet, speaksfor itself when I tell you this is a fabulous recipe. Each component is perfectboth as a compliment and as a vehicle for the others. As you can see it hascaramel also. Now, tell me of a recipe involving chocolate or nuts that isn´ttaken up a notch by adding caramel to it. I can’t think of one. So that’sanother layer of flavour added to this masterpiece and another reason why you should bake this. Soon.
The recipeis exactly the one that appears in Francois Payard’s book. There’s no need toalter something that is so incredibly well thought out. All I can do is hopeyou get the message. You´ll wonder why you never came across anything like thisbefore.
HAZELNUT MILK CHOCOLATE TART
from Simply Sensational Desserts, by Francois Payard
½ recipePate Sablée, completely baked
1 ½ cups(215g) whole hazelnuts, toasted and skinned
1.5 oz (45g) milk chocolate, chopped
1 Tbs honey
1/3 cup(67g) sugar
1 Tbs cornsyrup
5oz. (145g)milk chocolate, melted and warm
In a largebowl mix hazelnuts, chopped chocolate and honey,
In a mediumsaucepan combine sugar, corn syrup and salt. Stir over medium heat until sugardissolves. Without stirring, boil until sugar is a deep amber color, about 5minutes. Watch it closely. Have ready the cream.
Remove fromheat and add the cream; it bubbles up furiously. Stir with a wooden spoon andreturn to low heat to melt any hard pieces of caramel.
Pourcaramel mixture onto hazelnuts, let rest a few minutes so it melts thechocolate and then stir until smooth. Pour onto the baked pie shell, spreadingevenly. Let cool completely. (At this point it can be covered and refrigeratedfor 2 days).
When you´reready to assemble the tart, put cream in a large bowl. Beat until medium stiffpeaks just begin to form. Add warm chocolate and gently mix until well combined.
Spread witha spatula or piping bad over the cooled hazelnut mixture.
These #SundaySupper Contributors,were provided with a beautiful Easy As Pie Dish by Chantal Cookware. They will be sharingtheir recipes with you this Sunday and also their thoughts on this BeautifulPie Dish. Many are giving away their dish along with their pie tobrighten someone’s day.
Checkout these gorgeous Sunday Supper Recipes:
- Pecan Pie by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Nana’s 3LB Deep Dish ApplePie by I Run ForWine
- Upside-down Apple Pie by Comfy Cuisine
- Coconut Pie by Basic N Delicious
- Italian Chicken Pie by Momma’s Meals
- Funny Cake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sweet Potato Pie withGingersnap Crust by Webicurean
- Lemon Meringue Pie by The Messy Baker Blog
- Ham and SpinachQuiche by MagnoliaDays
- Pink Salmon Quiche by My Catholic Kitchen
- Pumpkin Pie with PecanStreusel Topping byJuanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Eggplant MoussakaWith Greek Yogurt White Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie by Big Bears Wife
- Pumpkin Maple Pie by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Spiced Pumpkin Pie with aCinnamon Roll Crust by DailyDish Recipes
- Pasteis de Nata ~Portuguese Custard Tart by Family Foodie
- Chocolate Pie by Diabetic Foodie
- Pink Lady Pie by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
As you may have noticed, when the#SundaySupper Team does something, we come together and do it with a bang. Check out these additional recipes, perfect to take to someone whoyou want to make feel special this month.
- Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Flatbread with Grapes,Gruyere, Rosemary and Red Onions by Shockingly Delicious
- Salted Caramel FilledChocolate Chip Cookie byHezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Bar Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Quiches by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Apple Cranberry Slab Pie by Generation Y Foodie
- Gratin of Potatoes, Onions& Leeks by AnAppealing Plan
- Garlic rosemary yeastrolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Italian Tomato Tart by She likes ruffles, he likes truffles
- Impossible cheeseburgerpie by In theKitchen with KP
- 10 Grain Muffins by Mangiamo!
- Deep Dish Caramel ApplePie by Mama MommyMom
- Date Crumb Pie by girlichef
- Gluten-Free Carrot CakeDoughnuts by What SmellsSo Good?
Do you want to get your own Easy asPie Dish? Chantal is offering will be 20% OFF of ALL ChantalPie dishes on www.chantal.com. BAKE4CURE must be entered at checkout toreceive the pie dish discount. The coupon discount code is active October 16,2012 through October 30, 2012.
The Sunday Supper Team and Chantal Cookware, would be honored to have you join us for thisspecial #BakeForACure event Around the Family Table this week.
Join us on Twitter throughout theday during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) forour weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
We’d also love to feature your easygo to recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of ourfollowers, too.