- 6 oz 25 cookies gingersnap cookies
- 4 Tbs 60g butter, melted
- 12 oz raw sweet potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Grated fresh nutmeg about 10 gratings
- ¼ cup muscovado dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 3 Tbs butter melted
- ½ cup pecans coarsely broken
- Maple syrup to serve
- Whipped cream and extra pecans to serve, optional
- Preheat oven to 325ºF /160ºC
- In a food processor, ground cookies. Add melted butter and pulse until it’s like wet sand.
- Dump it onto a glass 8-inch (22cm) pie dish. With the aid of a spoon or your hands, evenly pat the crumbs onto the bottom and sides of the pan. Try to make it as even as possible and make sure it’s firmly pressed.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until it darkens and dries. Reserve on a wire rack while you make the filling.
- Don’t wash the food processor.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork 5 or 6 times each. Cook in the microwave oven (or regular) for about 5 to 7 minutes, until soft. Let cool until you can handle them, and scoop out the pulp.
- In the same processor you used for the crust, put the sweet potatoes, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and sugar, and pulse until it’s well mixed. Don’t worry if the potatoes aren’t very smooth.
- Add the eggs, condensed milk and mix until smooth. Add butter and pulse until it’s an even batter. It will be quite liquid.
- Pour the filling carefully into the baked crust, sprinkle the pecans on top, and return to the oven for about 30 minutes, until the center is set.
- Let cool to room temperature and serve with a drizzle of maple syrup or whipped cream.
Picnic Roll from Linda of The Urban Mrs
Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo and Craisins from Isabel at Family Foodie
Easy Gluten-Free Corn “Bread” Stuffing from Laura at Small Wallet Big Appetite
Cheesey Scalloped Potatoes from Shaina at Take A Bite Out Of Boca
Cornucopia Sweet Potato Barley Salad from Wendy at The Weekend Gourmet
Creamy Scalloped Corn from Alaiyo at Pescetarian Journal
Fried Smashed Potatoes from Renee at Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Grandpa’s Simple Stuffing from Bobbi at Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
Honey and Cinnamon Glazed Sweet Potatoes from Jennifer at Peanut Butter and Peppers
Italian American Turkey Dressing from Anne at Webicurean
Loaded Mashed Potato Bake from Lori at Foxes Love Lemons
Maple Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter Pecan Topping from Brianne at Cupcakes and Kale Chips
Mushroom and Barley Casserole with Bacon, Gruyere and Spinach from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Blue Cheese from Sarah at Curious Cuisiniere
Baked Caramel Apple Cider Donuts from Nicole at Daily Dish Recipes
Blue Ribbon Meyer Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake from Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
Bourbon Pecan Pie from Julie atThe Texan New Yorker
Chocolate Moussecake from Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Cinnamon Rolls from Conni at The Foodie Army Wife
Gingered Butternut Squash Tart from Renee of Magnolia Days
Hanukkah Lemon Star Cookies from Shannon at Killer Bunnies, Inc
Salted Caramel Apple Pie from Laura at Pies and Plots
Sweet Potato Pecan Gingersnap Pie from Paula at Vintage Kitchen Notes
All American Wine Pairing Guide for Being Thankful #SundaySupper from Martin at ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.