These lemon crinkle cookies are the only lemon flavored cookie recipe you need; they’re simplysensational, with fresh lemon flavor.
- ½ cup (115g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (100g) sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups (210g) cake flour (you can use all purpose too)
- ½ cup, about, powdered sugar, to roll cookies
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Line two cookie sheets with wax paper, or grease the bottoms.
- In a large bowl with a hand beater, mix butter and sugar well.
- Add vanilla, egg, lemon juice and zest and mix well again.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking powder and soda, and add it to the butter mixture.
- Mix until it forms a ball and is well blended with no dry spots.
- Put powdered sugar in a shallow dish or bowl. Make walnut size balls with the lemon mixture, and roll them in the powdered sugar, coating well.
- Place them in the baking sheets spacing them a bit. Bake them for 12 to 15 minutes, until they
- barely start to brown, are crinkled and rather dry on top.
- Let cool on wire rack and keep in tins.
7 related recipes worth looking at:
LEMON SANDWICH COOKIES, from Three Many Cooks
LEMON THUMBPRINT COOKIES (vegan), from Namely Marly
LEMON CHIA SEED COOKIES, from She Bakes Here
LEMON RICOTTA COOKIES, from Food Fanatic
LEMON PUDDING CHEESECAKE COOKIES, from Sewlicious
LEMON BISCOTTI, from Laughing Spatula
LEMONADE CUTOUT COOKIES, from The Simple Sweet Life