Because, my friends, mac and cheese with no crunchy part on top is just not worth it. Said by the person who fought over orange macaroni and cheese with no crunch whatsoever.
Easy Baked Macaroni and Three Cheeses
Yield 2 servings
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- ½ cup shredded sharp parmesan or asiago cheese +
- ¼ cup for topping
- ½ cup cubed mozzarella cheese + ¼ cup for topping
- ½ cup crumbled mild blue cheese
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained (I made 1 cup so I could have 3 servings)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of sriracha sauce
- Large pinch of fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Have ready to medium individual oven ramekins.
- Mix sour cream, milk, ½ cup parmesan, ½ cup mozzarella, blue cheese and onion in a bowl.
- Add cooked macaroni, season with salt, pepper, thyme and sriracha and mix well.
- Top with the rest of parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, and lastly broil for minutes, being careful not to burn it.
adapted from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes