Because, my friends, mac and cheese with no crunchy part on top is just not worth it. Said by the person who fought over orange macaroni and cheese with no crunch whatsoever.
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded sharp parmesan or asiago cheese +
- ¼ cup for topping
- ½ cup cubed mozzarella cheese + ¼ cup for topping
- ½ cup crumbled mild blue cheese
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained (I made 1 cup so I could have 3 servings)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of sriracha sauce
- Large pinch of fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Have ready to medium individual oven ramekins.
- Mix sour cream, milk, ½ cup parmesan, ½ cup mozzarella, blue cheese and onion in a bowl.
- Add cooked macaroni, season with salt, pepper, thyme and sriracha and mix well.
- Top with the rest of parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, dividing evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, and lastly broil for minutes, being careful not to burn it.
adapted from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes