very stressful day yesterday, courtesy of a huge storm that flooded the whole
neighbourhood and left us with no power for almost a day, I’m glad that I get
to tell you about cake. A piece of cake sometimes feels like the ultimate
(320g) all purpose flour
unsweetened cocoa powder
teaspoon ground black pepper
unsalted butter, at room tº
firmly packed light brown sugar
eggs, at room tº
candied cherries, chopped coarsely
orange zest, to garnish
oven to 350ºF /180ºC. Butter or spray a large bundt cake pan and coat with
breadcrumbs or ground almonds, shaking off excess.
together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, cocoa, allspice, baking soda, salt,
nutmeg and black pepper.
bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add sugars gradually,
while beating at medium high speed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating very well
after each addition.
ground almonds and mix well.
sifted dry ingredients in three additions, alternating with the yogurt and vanilla
in two additions. Begin and end with dry. Mix just until incorporated.
cherries with a spatula. Pour into prepared pan-
to 45 minutes, until a tester inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes
and invert onto wire rack. Cool completely.
powdered sugar with orange juice until smooth. Drizzle on top of cake, letting
it run down sides. Garnish with orange zest.
- Black Forest Mini Bundt Cakes by Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cherry Filled Bundt Cake with Chocolate Cherry Drizzle by Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Cherry Kirsch Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Chocolate Cherry Dream by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Coconut Cherry Chip Bundt Cake by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Lemon Cherry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Mahlab Vanilla Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Spicy Cherry Yogurt Bundt Bake by Paula at Vintage Kitchen
- White Chocolate Black Cherry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
- Simple rule: Use cherries – and bake us a Bundt for March
- Post it before April 30, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts