|Before going into the oven|
Leftover pasta frittata
Yield 4 servings
I also topped this frittata with brown butter breadcrumbs I had left. I like my frittata not completely set on top, and not cutting the noodles, but that's personal preference.
- 1 pound (450g) leftover pasta
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup grated hard cheese, such as parmesan or blue cheese, divided
- 3 Tbs cream
- Chopped parsley, a few Tbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs butter or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF /180ºC
- In a large bowl mix pasta, egg, cream and half of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter or oil in a cast iron skillet over low heat. Add the egg mixture and let cook without stirring for about 8 to 10 minutes. Scatter the extra cheese on top.
- The egg will start to cook on the outside, but the middle will be very wet still.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake in the middle rack for 7 or 8 minutes, until the middle is almost firm. Set the oven to broil and the temperature to 400ºF /200ºC.
- Broil it for 5 more minutes so the top begins to set. Remove carefully using oven mitts or a thick kitchen towel , add chopped parsley and serve.