The two sides are that you can get people to help and pay them with food, yet you also get to be the one who knows how to cook and become the designated chef every time – you can bring something sweet tomorrow, right?, and the expected answer is always a yes. The former is what matters today.This simple bundt cake, in appearance only because it has almond cream in the batter and limoncello in the glaze, was my way of thanking my only friend/family who is a doctor and who gets a lot of phone calls from me, about this and that, because, you know, I trust him. A family doctor you can trust, has to be the worst unpaid job ever, the cold fact being that he’s on call 24/7 because, you know, we can trust him. Again, you don’t realize it till it’s too late. In my case, I’m the only one who can feed him in return, with good stuff, so I like to think I have some leverage.
Though when I have a health situation –always minor mind you- and call him five times in one afternoon, I just fall into the same black list as everyone else. Until I exchange chocolate peanut butter fudge and bundt cakes with him. Then we’re all good. Until my next string of calls.
We have a celebration here today.
- Banana-Caramel Bundt Cake by Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Caramel Latte Bundt Cake by Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate and Wine Bundt from Holly at A Baker’s House
- Cinnamon Chocolate Bundt Cake by Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Devil’s Food Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Hong Kong Chiffon Mini Cakes by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Little Bundt Pound Cakes by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Bundt by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Rose Mini Bundt Cakes by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Simple Orange Bundt Cake by Kathya at Basic N Delicious
- Streusel Apple Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- Triple Chocolate Mini Bundts by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Funfetti Pudding Cake by Kate at Food Babbles
- White Chocolate Bundt with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sandra at Sweet Sensations
- Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Bake us a fancy bundt
- Post it before September 30, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Fancy Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
- Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.