What I knew was that I would be making some sort of skillet cookie or brownie to break my new iron pan. Maybe call myself an iron baker? ha
|Ready to go into the oven|
Cinnamon Peanut Butter Skillet Blondies with Ice Cream
Yield 8 servings
A good dark chocolate, cut into uneven chunks works best here, but chocolate chips can beused. The flavor of ice cream is up to you.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 Tbs (scant 1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 Tbs peanut butter
- ½ cup salted peanuts
- 4oz semisweet chocolate, cut into uneven chunks
- Cinnamon ice cream, see recipe here
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Heat an 8-inch cast iron skillet over low heat for 1 or 2 minutes. Add butter, and when it's half melted, add sugar and mix with a whisk.
- Add eggs and mix quickly. Remove skillet from the heat. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix carefully, and then mix in vanilla.
- Stir in peanuts, and add mounds of peanut butter and chocolate chunks. Mix it just a few times to marble, but not too much or the chocolate will all melt.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until top is dry but center is still somewhat wet.
- Remove from the oven. Serve with scoops of cinnamon ice cream.
Snappy Starters & Snacks
Hatch Chile, Grape & Grilled Onion Salsa from Shockingly Delicious
Sriracha Popcorn from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Cheese, Smoked Paprika and Fennel Crackers from What Smells So Good?
Baked Banana Pepper Poppers from Daily Dish Recipes
Spicy Black Bean and Corn Stew from Mama’s Blissful Bites
Caldo de Camaron y Pescado (Shrimp & Fish Soup) from girlichef
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Salad from Casa de Crews
Sriracha and Parmesan Fries from Mess Makes Food
Smoky Salmon Chowder from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Hummus with Spicy Turkish Ezme Salad from Neighborfood
Goat Cheese Stuffed Peppedew Peppers from Healthy. Delicious.
Tofu Hariyali Kebabs-(Tofu Kebabs in Cilantro Sauce) from Soni’s Food
Fiery Main Dishes
Spicy Stuffed Mexican Peppers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Jalapeno Popper Fettuccine Alfredo from Chocolate Moosey
Baked Tilapia en Escabeche from La Cocina de Leslie
Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings with Two Dipping Sauces from Runner’s Tales
Chorizo and Scallop Skewers from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Buffalo Chicken Pizza from Cookin’ Mimi
Thai Cashew Chicken from Doggie at the Dinner Table
Skillet Jambalaya from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Firecracker Chicken from Juanita’s Cocina
Spiced Turkey Burger Patties from Cook the Story
Aubergine and Chickpea Curry from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
Savory Tomato & Poblano Pie from An Appealing Plan
Venison Mole Rojo from Curious Cuisiniere
Za’atar Chicken with Fattoush from Food Lust People Love
Crispy Oven Fried Buffalo Chicken Tenders from In The Kitchen With KP
Skinny Buffalo Chicken Strips from Webicurean
BBQ Chicken Pizza with Poblano Peppers and Pepitas from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Spicy Thai Beef Salad from Magnolia Days
Buffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Spicy Lemon Paprika Chicken Thighs from Family Foodie
Searing Sauces & Seasonings
Homemade Buffalo Sauce from Growing Up Gabel
Whole grain Mustard recipe – Moutarde à l’ancienne from Masala Herb
Homemade Sriracha Sauce from kimchi MOM
Zesty Sweets & Sips
Cinnamon Streusel Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Fiery Pomelo from My Other City By The Bay
Cinnamon Monkey Bread from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Goldilocks and the 3 Asian-Fusion Bars from Ninja Baking