Or nothing really, just a brown butter shortbread, filled with dulce de leche and coated with white chocolate. The little eyes, that look like nails on some of them, are tiny chocolate chips.
- ½ recipe Brown Butter Shortbread recipe here
- 2 cups dulce de leche
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 Tbs milk
- 6 oz. white chocolate melted and warm
To make shortbread bases, roll the dough and use a small round cookie cutter. Let cool completely.
For the filling, put the dulce de leche in a medium saucepan and heat over low heat.
In a small bowl mix cornstarch and milk. When the dulce de leche starts to become more liquid, add the cornstarch slowly while stirring with a wooden spoon. Bring the mixture to a boil, while you stir constantly. Boil for 3 or 4 minutes, being careful it doesn't burn in the bottom of the pan.
Let cool completely and refrigerate for 1 hour.
When the filling is cold, put it in a piping bag with a wide plain tip, and make cones on top of each shortbread round. Start in the middle with the bag perpendicular to the base, and squeeze constantly while you slowly lift the piping bag until you reach the desired height.
Freeze cones for half an hour.
Melt white chocolate in the microwave or over a pan of hot water. Keep warm.
Have ready mini chocolate chips or whatever you want to use for the eyes.
Take the cones from the freezer and roll them in the white chocolate so that each one is completely coated.
Press the chips before it dries and put on a wire rack.
- Shrunken Heads in Cider – Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini – The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween – ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce – I Run for Wine
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head – Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches – La Cocina de Leslie
- Gory Green Monster Eyeball Dip – Shockingly Delicious
- Marinated Mozzarella Eyeballs – Comfy Cuisine
- Eyeball Pinwheels – Home Cooking Memories
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies – Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix – The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies – Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins – Chocolate Moosey
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes – Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops – Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake – Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies – MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies – The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars – Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars – Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip