BUCKWHEAT AND ALMOND CHOCOLATE CAKE
Yield 8 servings
- 7 Tbs (100g) unsalted butter
- 3.5 oz (100g) bittersweet dark chocolate, 70% cocoa
- 4 large eggs, room tº
- ½ cup (100g) blond cane sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (35g) buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup (30g) almond meal
- Confectioners' sugar to serve
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Butter a 9-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper (I use aluminum foil). Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in a bowl and melt on top of a pot of simmering water, careful not to let the water touch the bottom of the bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs with the salt and sugar until light and pale in color and the batter has doubled in volume.
- With a spatula, gently fold the vanilla and the melted chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle the flour and almond meal over the batter and fold gently to combine.
- Pour the batter into the cake mold, and bake for 30 minutes, or until it´s firm to the touch and a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for a bit, then flip it gently onto a plate. Remove the paper carefully and flip again on a serving plate. The top will crack but that's normal for this cake. Let cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve at room tº.