Almond butter ball cookies
Use pistachios, pecans or walnuts instead of the almonds.
- 1 cup butter, at room tº
- 4 Tbs confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup ground toasted almonds
- Extra confectioners' sugar, for coating
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy and smooth. Add almond extract and beat well.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time and then the almonds. Mix just until smooth.
- Gather into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll portions of cold dough between your palms to form balls. Place 1-inch apart on lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until they are a bit golden and cracked.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Roll in some extra confectioners' sugar to coat.
- These cookies freeze well unbaked. When you need them, just line them up on a parchment-lined or greased baking tray, thaw, and bake.
barely adapted from Kathleen’s Bake Shop Cookbook, by Kathleen King