Chocolate Apple Crisp
Yield 8 servings
You will probably have leftover crumble.
- 4 green apples
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tbs chopped walnuts (optional)
For the crumble:
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 ½ Tbs cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, cold
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven in 350ºF (180ºC).
- Butter 8 individual ceramic ramekins.
- In a small bowl mix sugar, cinnamon and walnuts if using.
- For the crumble, in the bowl of a food processor add flours, cocoa, brown sugar and pulse a few times to mix.
- Add butter in pieces and pulse until clumps begin to form. Transfer to a medium bowl and reserve.
- Peel, core and cut apples in small dice.
- Divide evenly among bottom of ramekins, sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture and drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Put two Tbs of flour/butter mixture over the apples, distributing evenly. Divide chocolate chips evenly among ramekins.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until dry and bubbly.