I was without my computer for four days. The screen decided to freeze one night and, though I could momentarily get hold of another one for a few hours on Sunday, it wasn’t until yesterday that I was able to return to my blogging duties. Funny how it can take over your day, how I didn’t know what the hell to do without it, especially in the first morning hours while I had my breakfast coffee.
DULCE DE LECHE FILLED CREPES
Yield 3 servings
The recipe is just a guideline. You can stuff them to your liking, I use about 3 Tbs for each crepe. If you have a blow torch you can caramelize the crepes without using the oven. Just be sure they’re room tº.
- 6 crepes (see recipe here)
- 2 to 3 cups dulce de leche
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Preheat broiler to 400ºF /200ºC
- Put crepes on a flat working surface, fill them along the center with dulce de leche, roll up to encase filling and arrange them, side by side, on a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar and broil for a few minutes until caramelized.
- Wait a few minutes before serving them since they’re very hot.