PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE PANCAKES
Yield 10 pancakes
- 1 ¼ (170g) cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs, separated
- ¼ cup (55g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbs to ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chunks
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl mix milk, pumpkin puree, egg yolks and butter.
- In another bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks.
- Add the pumpkin mix to the dry mixture and mix just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Add chocolate.
- Add egg whites and mix gently with a spatula. It should be well incorporated but don't over mix.
- Heat a pancake skillet over medium heat.
- Brush with a bit of butter and cook pancakes, 1/3 cup of batter at a time.
- Cook on one side until bubbles form and bottom is brown. Flip and cook on the other side until browned. It should take between 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Stack pancakes on each plate and serve with maple syrup.