Chocolate Raspberry Tart
Yield 8 servings
- One 9-inch (24cm) prebaked tart shell made from Sweet Tart Dough (recipe here)
- 8oz (225g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 10oz (300g) fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350ºF /180ºC.
- Put chopped chocolate in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat together milk and cream until very hot but doesn't come to a boil.
- Pour over chocolate, wait 1 minute and then start stirring with a whisk from the center out. The mixture will come together and be shiny and smooth. Let mixture stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and egg yolk. Mix well and pour into pre-baked pie shell.
- Drop fresh berries into chocolate mixture, distributing them evenly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until edges are set but center still jiggles. Let cool on wire rack.
- Serve at room tº, dusted with powdered sugar.