They say there are two things that should not be discussed because they get you nowhere, religion and politics, but since I’m contributing an Easter dish, I think it’s a good time to talk about the newly elected Pope, Francisco I, who hails from none other than my city, Buenos Aires.
There was a big deal of emotion and people gathering on the streets following the white smoke, not a surprise since this is a country where, until 1994, a person had to be catholic in order to run for president. But there is no power without a heavy dose of antagonism, and since he’s the first non-European leader of the Catholic church, I simply hope the changes will be good to third world countries, where poverty and oppression are rampant.
Orange, Raisin and Almond Couscous
Yield 4 servings
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked instant couscous
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbs coriander seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a clean skillet, over low heat, very lightly toast coriander seeds. Be careful not to burn them.
- Transfer to a mortar and crush with the pestle. You can also ground them in a seed or coffee bean grinder. But don't turn them into a powder.
- Put couscous, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Reserve.
- In a small saucepan heat orange juice with the raisins and bring it to a boil. Immediately pour it over couscous to cover, cover the bowl and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork, add almonds, parsley and crushed coriander seeds.
- Check olive oil, salt and pepper and add more if necessary.
- Serve immediately or cover and keep refrigerated.
- Take out half hour before serving.
- How To Color Easter Eggs Naturally from Shockingly Delicious
Breakfast, Breads, and Buns
- Bunny Rabbit Bread from In The Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Easter Brunch Creme Brulee Baked Oatmeal from In The Kitchen With KP
- Fresh Blueberries Hot Cross Buns from My Cute Bride
- Jamaican Easter Spice Bun from The Lovely Pantry
- Paska – Ukranian Easter Bread from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Portuguese Easter Bread | Folar de Pascoa from Family Foodie
- Resurrection Rolls from Neighbor Food
Appetizers and Sides
- Asparagus, Brie & Ham Crostini from Daily Dish Recipes
- French Gratin Potatoes (Dauphinoise) from Simply Gourmet
- Lemon Glazed Carrots from Curious Cuisiniere
- Not So Deviled Eggs from Country Girl in the Village
- Orange Raisin Couscous from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Potato and Leek Gratin from Webicurean
- Spinach Spaetzle (Spinat Spaetzle) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Roast Leg of Lamb with Garlic and Rosemary from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Sicilian “Enchiladas” from The Cooking Actress
- Alebele – Goan Coconut filled Pancake from Masala Herb
- Bunny-Approved Baked Easter Doughnuts from The Weekend Gourmet
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake from Chocolate Moosey
- Carrots in Dirt from The Urban Mrs
- Coconut and M&M’s Cookie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Coconut Cake with Coconut Buttercream from Juanita’s Cocina
- Coconut Cupcakes from Magnolia Days
- Cream Cheese Candies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easter Egg Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easter Simnel Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Exotic Walnut Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Honey Panna Cotta with Grand Marnier Mixed Berries from Gourmet Drizzles
- Japanese Easter Petit Fours and Flowers from Ninja Baking
- Nutella Easter Egg Candy from The Messy Baker
- Old-Fashioned Peanut Rolled Eggs from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Painted Sugar Cookies from Ruffles and Truffles
- Strawberry Bundt Cake from Basic N Delicious
- Homemade Matzo from The Foodie Army Wife
- Mock Gefilte Fish from Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Apple and Cranberry Charoset from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Flourless Chocolate Torte from Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Moroccan Haroset from MarocMama
- Pavlova with Red Berries, Lime and Hibiscus from YinMom YangMom
Wine Pairing Recommendations for #SundaySupper Religious Feasts from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog