So here are some food and other-stuff nominations, a lot from my recipes-to-try Pinterest board:
Peruvian Potato Salad
Yield 4 servings
- ½ an onion
- 6 Tbs yellow pepper paste (homemade recipe)
- 9oz (250g) queso fresco
- ¼ to 1/3 cup olive oil + a few Tbs extra
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 2 pounds assorted small potatoes, skins left on
- ½ a lime
- Chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- In a skillet, sautée onion in a few Tbs olive oil over medium heat, until starting to get golden.
- Add the pepper paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, add queso fresco, milk, salt and pepper to taste, and ¼ cup olive oil. Blend until smooth. Add lime juice and check seasonings, adjusting if necessary.
- Add the rest of the olive oil if you want a thinner consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in large pan of salted water. Drain, transfer to a large bowl, add the lime juice and a couple tablespoons olive oil, toss and let cool.
- Put eggs in cold water with a sprinkling of salt (this prevents the white to escape in case the egg shell breaks while cooking), and cook for 10 minutes after it starts to boil. Drain, rinse in cold water for a few minutes and peel.
- Potatoes and eggs can be made in advance if you want a cold salad.
- In a serving bowl put potatoes and add some of the pepper sauce. Toss.
- Add some more sauce, sprinkle with parsley and arrange the eggs, cut into quarters, around the edges of the bowl.
- Serve with a bowl of extra sauce drizzled with olive oil if you want.