|Ready to go into the oven|
Cinnamon Peanut Butter Skillet Blondies with Ice Cream
Yield 8 servings
A good dark chocolate, cut into uneven chunks works best here, but chocolate chips can beused. The flavor of ice cream is up to you.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 Tbs (scant 1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 Tbs peanut butter
- ½ cup salted peanuts
- 4oz semisweet chocolate, cut into uneven chunks
- Cinnamon ice cream, see recipe here
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Heat an 8-inch cast iron skillet over low heat for 1 or 2 minutes. Add butter, and when it's half melted, add sugar and mix with a whisk.
- Add eggs and mix quickly. Remove skillet from the heat. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix carefully, and then mix in vanilla.
- Stir in peanuts, and add mounds of peanut butter and chocolate chunks. Mix it just a few times to marble, but not too much or the chocolate will all melt.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until top is dry but center is still somewhat wet.
- Remove from the oven. Serve with scoops of cinnamon ice cream.
Snappy Starters & SnacksHatch Chile, Grape & Grilled Onion Salsa from Shockingly DeliciousSriracha Popcorn from The Girl In The Little Red KitchenCheese, Smoked Paprika and Fennel Crackers from What Smells So Good?Baked Banana Pepper Poppers from Daily Dish RecipesSpicy Black Bean and Corn Stew from Mama’s Blissful BitesCaldo de Camaron y Pescado (Shrimp & Fish Soup) from girlichefShredded Buffalo Chicken Salad from Casa de CrewsSriracha and Parmesan Fries from Mess Makes FoodSmoky Salmon Chowder from Cindy’s Recipes and WritingsHummus with Spicy Turkish Ezme Salad from NeighborfoodGoat Cheese Stuffed Peppedew Peppers from Healthy. Delicious.Tofu Hariyali Kebabs-(Tofu Kebabs in Cilantro Sauce) from Soni’s Food
Fiery Main DishesSpicy Stuffed Mexican Peppers from Peanut Butter and PeppersJalapeno Popper Fettuccine Alfredo from Chocolate MooseyBaked Tilapia en Escabeche from La Cocina de LeslieSpicy Grilled Chicken Wings with Two Dipping Sauces from Runner’s TalesChorizo and Scallop Skewers from Jane’s Adventures in DinnerBuffalo Chicken Pizza from Cookin’ MimiThai Cashew Chicken from Doggie at the Dinner TableSkillet Jambalaya from Hezzi-D’s Books and CooksFirecracker Chicken from Juanita’s CocinaSpiced Turkey Burger Patties from Cook the StoryAubergine and Chickpea Curry from Small Wallet, Big AppetiteSavory Tomato & Poblano Pie from An Appealing PlanVenison Mole Rojo from Curious CuisiniereZa’atar Chicken with Fattoush from Food Lust People LoveCrispy Oven Fried Buffalo Chicken Tenders from In The Kitchen With KPSkinny Buffalo Chicken Strips from WebicureanBBQ Chicken Pizza with Poblano Peppers and Pepitas from The Wimpy VegetarianSpicy Thai Beef Salad from Magnolia DaysBuffalo Chicken Sloppy Joes from Cupcakes & Kale ChipsSpicy Lemon Paprika Chicken Thighs from Family Foodie
Searing Sauces & SeasoningsHomemade Buffalo Sauce from Growing Up GabelWhole grain Mustard recipe – Moutarde à l’ancienne from Masala HerbHomemade Sriracha Sauce from kimchi MOM
Zesty Sweets & SipsCinnamon Streusel Scones from Killer Bunnies, IncFiery Pomelo from My Other City By The BayCinnamon Monkey Bread from That Skinny Chick Can BakeGoldilocks and the 3 Asian-Fusion Bars from Ninja Baking