|Scored and about to go into the oven|
Vintage Monday: Old Fashioned Raisin Shortbread
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- ¾ cup raisins
- ¾ cup (175g) unsalted butter, room tº
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan boil orange juice with raisins until almost no juice is left, about 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Can be done ahead and kept for a day at room tº or in the fridge for a few days.
- Preheat the oven to 300º. Have ready a square or round 8-inch pie or cake pan with removable bottom.
- In a bowl cream butter with a wooden spoon. Add sugar and combine very well. Add flour and salt and mix thoroughly until well combined and no dry spots are visible.
- Dump into the pan, and with lightly floured hands, pat evenly on the bottom. Score with a sharp knife without reaching the bottom, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until it turns lightly golden and dries out.
- Let cool on a wire rack and carefully unmold. Cut along the lines, and store in an airtight container.