Rosemary Garlic Butter Steak + Tips for Cooking a Great Steak
Yield 4 servings
- 4 rump steaks (1 to 1.5-inches thick), room tº
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbs fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper A splash of white or red wine
- Mince garlic and rosemary.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) and mince it a little longer. You can also do this with a mortar and pestle.
- Rub the paste over both sides of each steak.
- Heat a skillet over medium/high heat and melt butter. Add oil to prevent it from burning too much.
- Add steaks, season them with pepper and cook 1 or 2 minutes on each side.
- Turn it over, cook it 2 or 3 more minutes and add the wine (you can add extra garlic and rosemary now too to the skillet). It will steam furiously.
- Cook the steak 2 or 3 additional minutes for medium rare, remove steaks and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the wine until reduced and a kind of sauce if formed.
- Slice the steaks and serve them with the sauce.