I had thought of making my first dutch baby when she was crowned Queen of the Netherlands, which would’ve been a nice touch since she’s from Argentina, but I completely forgot, or didn’t take into account to plan ahead, thus leaving the slot open for another time.
White chocolate blueberry dutch pancake
Yield 6 servings
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sifted all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbs sliced almonds, toasted
- Confectioners’ sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 220º.
- Have all ingredients ready. Melt butter in an 8-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.Let it brown a little.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or with a wire whisk, mix eggs with flour and sugar until well blended.
- Add milk gradually and then vanilla. Add salt.
- Mix in white chips and blueberries.
- When the butter is browned add this mixture quickly to the skillet, and pop the skillet immediately into the oven.
Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden and puffed.
Take it out of the oven, sprinkle with almonds and confectioners’ sugar and eat.
Courses Breakfast, Dessert