Or make a simple shepherd’s pie. Which incidentally could’ve been the title of these double baked potatoes. After all , the ground beef is there together with the mashed potatoes.
- 2 medium potatoes scrubbed
- 2 Tbs milk
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cubed provolone cheese
- ½ cup cooked ground beef
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch hot paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Microwave potatoes with skins until tender when pierced with a fork. Mine took around 10
- minutes. Cut in half, scoop out pulp leaving a ¼ inch border and transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in milk, parmesan, half of provolone and beef and blend very well.
- Add salt, pepper and seasonings. Taste and adjust.
- Mound potatoes with this mixture, pressing so you get all in the four skins. Dot with the remaining provolone cubes, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve immediately.
adapted from Curious Cuisiniere