And food is always in the middle of any sport celebration. Two of the matches were on working days, and guys, the country froze, no kidding. It was like being at the office on a Sunday, no phones, no emails, no nothing. For a few hours there was no class for kids at school.
So, you know, I had no excuse but to bake, ha.
Strawberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup (225g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, at room tº
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- Strawberry jam, about 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC. Grease or line with parchment paper, two cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar, until fluffy, a minute or two.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well, until smooth.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Alternate the flour mixture in two parts with the milk in one part, just like you would when making a cake. Mix very well, until there are no dry spots.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes before using. Or, cover the bowl with plastic wrap first and refrigerate for up to a few days.
recipe from The Buttercup Bake Shop Cookbook, by Jennifer Appel