TURMERIC GINGER CAULIFLOWER
Yield 4 servings
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Tbs black and yellow mustard seeds
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Salt (I use coarse salt)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF / 220ºC
- On a small bowl, combine oil, tomato, mustard seeds, jalapeño, ginger and turmeric.
- On a large baking dish toss the cauliflower florets with the flavored oil.
- Season with salt and spread on an even layer.
- Roast for about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and barely tender.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.