Baked Ricotta is one of the best and easy cheese recipes ever! The perfect recipe for brunch or as an appetizer.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 medium red onion (peeled, cut into eight pieces)
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup flour (sifted)
- 2 generous cups fresh ricotta (1 pound + 2 ounces)
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- A few gratings fresh nutmeg
- 1 cup arugula leaves (washed and dried)
- Shaved parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place tomatoes and onions. Drizzle with a few swirls olive
- oil, salt and pepper, and bake for about 30 minutes, until a bit charred and
- soft. If you leave tomatoes whole, be sure to pierce them with a fork once or
- twice before baking.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta with eggs, salt, pepper and parmesan. Mix well with a hand beater
- or wooden spoon.
- Add flour and mix well again.
- Add butter and nutmeg.
- Transfer to a glass 9-inch round dish, spread evenly and bake for 45 minutes, until light brown
- on top. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Mound tomatoes and onions on top of the ricotta, then scatter arugula leaves and
- parmesan shavings. Drizzle with olive oil, some salt and pepper, and serve cut
- into wedges.
What add-ons can you use?
- Pizza style, from the traditional cheese to pepperoni, veggie, meat and sauce, whatever you like.
- Spice it up, add some sriracha or Tabasco or hot spices to the batter.
- Fresh herbs and cheese, like you would use in a risotto or appetizer.
- Cheese, of course. Add all the odds and ends of cheeses you have in the fridge, it all works.
How to store baked ricotta?
It lasts at least four days, covered, in the fridge, reheats beautifully and is good at room tº too.
Keywords: baked ricotta