- 2 cups 270g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tbs baking powder
- 1/3 cup 75g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (separated and at room tº)
- 6 Tbs 85g butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups 375ml whole milk, room tº
- Fresh fruit (maple syrup or honey and cream if you like, for serving)
- Have ready the pancake skillet.
- Put flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix milk, butter and egg yolks in another medium bowl.
- With dry, clean beaters, beat egg whites until you have medium peaks (not completely firm, the tip falls a bit).
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix together. Some lumps may remain.
- Add beaten egg white in 2 additions, mixing with a spatula until combined but some small lumps of egg whites remain.
- Heat the pancake skillet over medium heat and add a smidgen of butter.
- Add 1/4 cup batter to make each pancake. If you make several at a time increase the heat a bit.
- When the pancake starts to have bubbles and begins to dry turn them over and cook for a minute or so.
- Be careful not to burn them.
- Serve immediately with fresh fruit, maple syrup, and whipped cream if you want.