- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat an 8-inch cast iron skillet or baking pan with the sugar over low heat until it melts and caramelizes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface about 1/3 inch thick.
- Spread the almond cream evenly on top with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Scatter raspberries and carefully roll into a log.
- Cut into 8 rolls and arrange in the skillet, one in the middle and rest surrounding it.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until puffy and golden. The middle should be jiggly but not runny.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then, very carefully, invert onto serving platter. Be careful while doing this since the skillet is very heavy and the serving plates are usually fragile.
- Alternatively, eat them directly from the pan.
- If you have some extra raspberries, heat them over low with a few tablespoons of water until they begin to soften. Then, pour over the rolls.
Use other berries like blackberries, blueberries, or strawberries.
- Prep Time: 90 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Bakery
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond raspberry rolls