Warm and gooey almond rolls with a layer of caramel and raspberries.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Heat an 8-inch cast iron skillet or baking pan with the sugar over low heat until it melts and caramelizes. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface about 1/3 inch thick.
- With the back of a spoon or a spatula, spread the almond cream evenly on top. Scatter raspberries and carefully roll into a log.
- Cut into 8 rolls and arrange in the skillet, one in the middle and rest surrounding it.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until puffy and golden. The middle should be jiggly but not runny.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then, very carefully, invert onto serving platter. Be careful while doing this since the skillet is very heavy and the serving plates are usually fragile.
- Alternatively, eat them directly from the pan.
- If you have some extra raspberries, heat them over low with a few tablespoons water until they begin to soften. Pour them over the rolls.
Keywords: graham cracker rolls, almond raspberry rolls