- 2 cups cold cream (heavy, whipping, or heavy whipping)
- 1 can (14oz or 397g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat cold cream until thick but not completely firm. Use an electric mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Sift the cocoa powder into the condensed milk. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the whipped cream in two parts into the chocolate condensed milk mixture and fold it in with a spatula or whisk. Integrate thoroughly. Use a spatula to scrape the bottom of the mixing bowl and make sure no white streaks remain.
- Pour into a large metal pan without a removable bottom (8-inch round or square pan or 2 medium loaf pans).
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or until completely firm.
- Scoop it into bowls and serve it plain with your favorite toppings.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap for longer storage, or use a freezer-safe container to avoid freezer burn.
- Organization: read the recipe first and ensure you have ingredients at the correct temperature, equipment, and enough workspace. This will make the process so much easier.
- Sweetened condensed milk: depending on the country, you might find sweetened and unsweetened (or evaporated milk). Make sure it has sugar.
- Flavorings: besides a little vanilla, you can add a teaspoon of coffee powder or coffee extract and 1/2 a teaspoon of almond extract.
- Container: any metal pan (round, loaf, square) is excellent for storing no-churn ice cream in the freezer. Cover them with plastic wrap.
- How long does it take for condensed milk chocolate ice cream to freeze? It depends on the amount of ice cream and the size and shape of the container, but it usually takes 4-6 hours to be ready to eat. I make it the day before and forget about it.
- How to store it for a more extended period: use an airtight container or cover the one you froze in with a double layer of plastic wrap.
- Using low-fat or non-dairy alternatives instead of condensed milk: I don't recommend it because the texture and flavor will vary.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Freezing time: 4 hours
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Mixing + Freezing
Keywords: no churn chocolate ice cream