I was wanting to make and share this chocolate ice cream with you guys because it's one of my favorites! I love it with fresh cherry sauce, a combination I find irresistible. And it deserves the word velvet; though cheesy, it's self-explanatory.
- Ice cream made as written in a recipe at Gourmet magazine
For the cherry sauce:
- 1 pound (450g) fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 or 2 tablespoons cassis liqueur (optional)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons water
- Put cherries in a saucepan, add the sugar and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add cassis and 1 or 2 Tbs water. If you're not using the liqueur, increase water by 2 tablespoons.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes, until cherries soften a bit and the sauce is syrupy.
- Keep refrigerated and use cold over ice cream.
Keywords: chocolate velvet ice cream, cherry sauce