A good dark chocolate, cut into uneven chunks works best here, but chocolate chips can beused. The flavor of ice cream is up to you.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 14 Tbs scant 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 Tbs peanut butter
- ½ cup salted peanuts
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate (cut into uneven chunks)
- Cinnamon ice cream ( see recipe here)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Heat an 8-inch cast iron skillet over low heat for 1 or 2 minutes. Add butter, and when it's half melted, add sugar and mix with a whisk.
- Add eggs and mix quickly. Remove skillet from the heat. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix carefully, and then mix in vanilla.
- Stir in peanuts, and add mounds of peanut butter and chocolate chunks. Mix it just a few times to marble, but not too much or the chocolate will all melt.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until top is dry but center is still somewhat wet.
- Remove from the oven. Serve with scoops of cinnamon ice cream.
Keywords: skillet blondie, peanut butter blondie