These are chewy and sweet bars that use ground cookies instead of flour.
No butter and no liquids are used.
- 2 cups (250g) ground plain vanilla cookies
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- 1 cup (200g) dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs (room tº)
- 2/3 cups (60g) pecans, chopped
- 2/3 cups (120g) semi sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Preheat oven at 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Butter or spray an 8-inch square pan.
- In a bowl beat eggs until mixed.
- Add ground cookies and sugar and mix well.
- Add nuts and chocolate and mix.
- Put into prepared pan and bake for 20-30 minutes, until a tester comes out almost clean.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- They are best eaten the same day.
Any flavor of plain cookies can be used.
Chocolate and graham crackers are good variations.
Best to eat the same day they are made.