If you want thicker or thinner pancakes, add a few tablespoons more pancake mix or milk. I use ½ cup berries per cup of dry pancake mix, not counting the addition of egg and milk.
If you make your own maple syrup, follow the recipe, and the next day check to see if you need more extract. It varies according to the brands. Today I used double the amount in Diana's recipe.
- Mix pancake mix with egg, milk and butter according to the original recipe.
- Add the cut-up berries and stir very slowly until coated. Do not mix too much.
- Heat a pancake skillet over medium low heat. You can add a smidgen of butter before each pancake, I do for the first few.
- Add about ¼ cup pancake batter to the skillet and make sure the berry pieces are flat.
- Cook about 1 or 2 minutes on one side, flip over and cook for 45 seconds to 1 minute more.
- Transfer to plate.
- Eat with maple syrup.