These can be frozen for a month well wrapped.
- 3/4 cup 105g all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 340g semisweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 1/3 cup 75g unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup 140g dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 eggs (room tº)
- 1/2 cup 60g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil (bottom and two sides).
- Put chopped chocolate or chips and vanilla in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan heat butter, sugar and water. Bring to a boil, take out of the heat and immediately add to the chocolate. Let stand half a minute and mix well with a hand beater until smooth.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda (be sure to dissolve any lumps) and salt.
- Mix well and put in the prepared pan.
- Scatter the walnuts on top and bake for about 30 minutes, until the top is dry but still jiggles lightly. Don’t over bake or they will be dry.