This can be easily scaled for more people. Be sure your skillet is big enough.
Add cooked chicken for a heartier meal.
- 4 cups cooked penne pasta (or other of your choosing)
- A few Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 fresh jalapeño (finely chopped (with seeds if you want it spicier))
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 large shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- Juice of 2 limes
- A splash of white wine or sherry
- A bunch of fresh arugula (sliced)
- A bunch of fresh basil (chopped)
- Lime zest to finish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Have all ingredients for the sauce ready.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While it’s cooking, heat a few Tbs. olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, shallot and jalapeño. Cook for a minute or two until softened.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, some salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until it begins to brown and tomatoes char a bit and release some juice.
- Add the juice of 1 lime and let evaporate. Add the splash of sherry or white wine and let evaporate again.
- If the pasta is cooked, drain in and add it to the skillet. (If it’s not cooked yet, take the skillet from the fire until you can add the pasta).
- Mix the pasta with the tomatoes for a few seconds and take out of the fire.
- Add the arugula, some of the basil and a splash fresh lime juice.
- Check seasonings and adjust.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, a grating of lime zest if you want, and some chopped fresh basil.
- Category: Main dish
- Cuisine: Italian