This is the easiest ever strawberry ice cream! A no-churn 4-ingredient recipe made mostly in the blender. It works wonderfully with raspberries too.
- 1 pound (1/2kg) fresh strawberries (or raspberries)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (310g) whipping cream
- In a blender put rinsed and hulled strawberries with the sugar.
- Blend until it’s creamy and smoothie-like. You can leave macerating for 1/2 hour the berries and sugar first so they release some of the juice.
- Beat cream to 3/4 consistency, soft peaks.
- Add the strawberries to the cream, mix well and transfer to a freezer-proof container.
- Freeze for a few hours, until solid.
- Use a blender or food processor. Both work, but the food processor might leave the mixture a little bit chunkier.
- Take it out 15-20 minutes before you want to serve it. It freezer rock solid, literally. You won't be able to scrape the surface before that time.
- Fresh or frozen: I've made it with both, and there's hardly a noticeable difference. Water content in fruit varies, but you might want to thaw the frozen strawberries so they have less water.
- Strawberries and raspberries work best. Or a mix. Take into account that some berries (raspberries, blackberries) have tiny seeds that can become a bit of a pain when eating. So you might want to sift the puree before mixing it with the cream.
- I like to serve it with brownies or topped with fudge sauce.
Keywords: strawberry ice cream, berry ice cream