A super easy dessert with fresh strawberries. A cross between mousse and cheesecake you will love.
- 1/2 pound (250g) fresh strawberries
- Scant 1/2 cup (80g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (200g) whipping cream, cold
- 4 tablespoons (60g) cream cheese, cold
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange liquor (can be omitted, add a half teaspoon more vanilla if you want)
- Fresh strawberries, to serve
- Have ready individual jars of cups.
- Wash strawberries, remove stems and cut in half.
- Put them in the bowl of a processor or blender with half the sugar, vanilla and liquor if using.
- Process until smooth and juices are released. It will be liquid.
- (You can leave it for 15 minutes before blending so the fruit will release some of it’s juice and it will blend or process more easily).
- At this point you can sieve the mixture if you want it smoother (I don’t do it).
- In a large bowl beat cream, cream cheese and remaining sugar until medium peaks form. That means that they are not completely stiff.
- Mix with the strawberry mixture, careful not to overmix it as the cream might curdle.
- Divide among 4 cups and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top with half fresh strawberry.
You can use other berries, such as raspberries.
Keywords: strawberry dessert, dessert