- 8–10 plump sun-dried tomatoes (hydrated in boiling water and coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup cream cheese (at room tº)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 teaspoons of your favorite spicy sauce or chiles in adobo
- 1–2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced (divided))
- Fry half the green onion in a bit of olive oil. Drain and reserve.
- In a food processor put cream cheese, mayonnaise, spicy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend until creamy.
- Add tomatoes and blend until no large pieces remain.
- Transfer to a bowl, add chives and the remaining half of green onions, except for half a tablespoon of each for garnish.
- Mix well and check seasonings.
- Serve in a bowl sprinkled with chives, fresh and fried green onions and crackers.