You can substitute regular ground nuts (sans alcohol) in the recipe. And add 2 Tbs of your favorite liqueur.
- Scant 1 cup (100g) unsalted butter
- 8.5 oz (240g) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs (room tº)
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts (use new, preferably toasted, or from the liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF /180ºC.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper hanging over two sides, for easier unmolding. Or simply spray or butter it.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a large bowl. I use the microwave, 30 seconds at a time stirring well in between.
- Add sugar and eggs, one at a time, mixing very well but not beating.
- Add rice flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder and mix.
- Add nuts and vanilla and mix just until blended.
- Spread on prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes, until it is slightly puffed and dry to the touch. Don't over bake.
- Cool on wire rack completely. For easier cutting, put 30 minutes in the fridge.
- You can keep them at room tº for a few days, in the fridge for a few weeks, or freeze them.
Keywords: gluten free brownies, hazelnut brownies