A versatile pasta bake with sausages and zucchini.
- 3 medium zucchini (halved in four and sliced thinly)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- ½ pound 240g hot Italian sausage, casings removed (or pork chorizo)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 oz. 60g semi-soft goat cheese, cubed or grated
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/3 cup gruyere cheese (grated)
- ½ pound fusilli or other dried pasta
- Preheat oven to 375ºF/180ºC. Grease 3 quart deep casserole.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet, add sausages and cook until beginning to brown. Add onion, thyme and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft and just beginning to brown.
- Add white wine, scrape any browned bits and cook until wine evaporated. Add cream and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and add goat cheese and 1/3 cup parmesan.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- Drain well, and transfer to skillet with sauce. Mix well and put in prepared casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup parmesan and gruyere cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot.