Easy to make and delicious, you will love this healthier version. Perfect for a brunch, breakfast or as a snack, this muffin recipe will become a favorite.
- 2/3 cup (170g) mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup (80g) coconut oil
- 1 egg, room tº
- 1/2 cup (100g) fine muscovado sugar
- 1 cup (140g) all-purpose or cake flour (or use 1/3 fine whole wheat flour of the total amount)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (45g) chopped walnuts or pecans
- 2 Tablespoons wheat germ (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Have ready a muffin mold lined with 8 paper cups.
- In a bowl put mashed bananas and beat while adding coconut oil and sugar. There will be some chunks of banana still.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat to mix.
- Over this batter sift flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Mix just until combined but be careful to not over mix (as this will make your muffins tougher).
- Divide batter among paper cups and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, Be careful not to overcook as they will dry more than necessary.
- Let cool on wire rack some minutes and eat warm or on the same day.
- For freezing instructions go to post above.
You can make regular muffins, mini muffins (I guess it will yield about 3 times), or a loaf cake.
You can use olive oil and they will turn amazing too.
Using some whole wheat flour and adding wheat germ will make them coarser and less moist.
- Category: Breakfast/brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American