- 2 cups (260g) superfine whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (100g) fine muscovado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (room tº)
- 2 cups (about 3 large) mashed very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup (60g) dark chocolate chips (I use Callebaut 80%)
- Preheat oven at 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Line a 10×4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper (bottom and two narrow sides) and spray or butter remaining sides.
- In a large bowl beat coconut oil with sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add bananas and vanilla, alternating with flour, sifted baking soda and salt (you can do it before, but I sift everything directly, especially the baking soda since it can harden into little pieces) and mix well.
- Add chocolate and mix well with a spatula.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until cracked on top and a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack and unmold.
- It keeps well wrapped at room tº for a day or two.
You can add some walnuts too, about 1/2 cup, chopped.
Keywords: healthy banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread