5 Tablespoons (70g) unsalted butter 1/4 cup (45g) all purpose or cake flour (use rice flour for a GF version) 1/2 cup (60g) almond meal 1/2 cup (60g) confectioners’ sugar Pinch of salt 1/4 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste Zest of 1 lemon 2 egg whites, lightly beaten until foamy 2/3 cup (100g) blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 5 Tablespoons 70g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup 45g all purpose or cake flour (use rice flour for a GF version)
- 1/2 cup 60g almond meal
- 1/2 cup 60g confectioners’ sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 egg whites (lightly beaten until foamy)
- 2/3 cup 100g blackberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350ºC. Butter or spray 6 mini brioche or muffin molds.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the sifted flour and confectioners’ sugar together with the almond meal, salt and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center and add the vanilla extract or paste, zest and egg whites.
- Mix until well combined. Add the melted butter and mix carefully until fully incorporated. The mixture will be silky and shiny.
- Cut the blackberries in thirds.
- Put the individual molds on a cookie tray, and divide the batter evenly among them.
- Add the blackberry pieces on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until a tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack and then carefully unmold. Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.