- 1 1/2 cups diced peeled mango (1 medium-large)
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Place the ice cream, mango chunks (reserve a little for serving) and vanilla in a blender jar.
- Process until you get a thick, creamy mixture.
- Add half of the ice cubes and 2 cups of milk.
- Put the lid on the blender with a lid and blend at medium speed for 2-3 minutes, until frothy and smooth. Check consistency and add more milk if needed. You should have a creamy milkshake, similar in consistency to a thick mango smoothie.
- Serve immediately with the reserved mango pieces or extra mango slices. For a dessert-like presentation, add whipped cream and caramel syrup on top.
- This mango drink is meant to be consumed cold, not at room temperature.
- Organization: read the recipe first and ensure you have ingredients at the correct temperature, equipment, and enough workspace. This will make the process so much easier.
- Here's a tutorial on how to peel and cut a mango.
- Almond milk: substitute for the regular milk in the recipe.
- Ice cream: use a different flavor like cream, passionfruit, orange or caramel ice cream. The flavor will vary, so test on a small amount.
- Non-dairy or vegan milkshake: use plant-based milk, like almond or coconut milk and non-dairy ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: mango milkshake