Easy to make, no oven required. You can substitute the peanut butter for another similar spread, such as dulce de leche or almond butter.
They are perfect to make with kids.
- 3/4 cup 70g traditional oats
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 cup ground plain chocolate cookies
- 2/3 cup 80g confectioners sugar
- 5.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate (chopped, divided)
- 3/4 cup 220g regular peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons 85g unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons cream
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Have ready a buttered or sprayed 8-inch square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Heat peanut butter and butter until you can mix them together.
- Add oats, salt, cookies, sugar and HALF the chopped chocolate.
- Mix well with spatula or wooden spoon until no dry parts remain. It might take a few minutes.
- The dough will be shiny and dark.
- Put it in the prepared pan covering it as even and as smooth as possible.
- You might aid yourself with the back of a spoon that is lightly dipped in water.
- Refrigerate for several hours until it solidifies. You can speed this process by putting it in the freezer, but make sure it doesn’t freeze completely.
- When you’re ready to cut it, take the whole bar from the pan, and heat the cream with the chocolate until melted and smoothe.
- Pour it over the bars. You can spread it with a spatula, or use a piping bag or fork to make a pattern.
- Sprinkle some confetti over it if desired.
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American