Easy to make, no oven required.
They are perfect to make with kids.
- 3/4 cup (70g) traditional oats
- Large pinch of salt
- 1 cup ground plain chocolate cookies
- 2/3 cup (80g) confectioners sugar
- 5.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate (chopped, divided)
- 3/4 cup (220g) regular peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons (85g) unsalted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons cream
- Sprinkles for decoration
- Have ready a buttered or sprayed 8-inch square pan lined with parchment paper.
- Heat peanut butter and butter until you can mix them together.
- Add oats, salt, cookies, sugar and HALF the chopped chocolate.
- Mix well with spatula or wooden spoon until no dry parts remain. It might take a few minutes.
- The dough will be shiny and dark.
- Put it in the prepared pan covering it as even and as smooth as possible.
- You might aid yourself with the back of a spoon that is lightly dipped in water.
- Refrigerate for several hours until it solidifies. You can speed this process by putting it in the freezer, but make sure it doesn’t freeze completely.
- When you’re ready to cut it, take the whole bar from the pan, and heat the cream with the chocolate until melted and smoothe.
- Pour it over the bars. You can spread it with a spatula, or use a piping bag or fork to make a pattern.
- Sprinkle some confetti over it if desired.
You can replace the peanut butter for same amount of dulce de leche or almond butter.
Keywords: no-bake oat bars, chocolate oat bars