- 2 pounds 950g fresh peaches
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 1 green apple
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 cardamom pods (ground)
- ¼ teaspoon aniseed
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper pods
- 1 small dried whole red chile
- 1 ¼ cups 300g white vinegar
- 1 pound 455g light brown sugar
- Peel, core and chop the peaches and the apple.
- Put them in a large saucepan together with the onion.
- Add sugar, vinegar and spices and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat until the mixture is simmering.
- Cook for 1 hour or until the liquid is reduced and the mixture is of a marmalade consistency.
- Let cool and keep refrigerated.
- If not using immediately store in sterilized jars while still hot. Don’t forget to label them.