These can be made with other nuts, almonds and walnuts are my other favorites.
- 1 cup butter (225g, at room tº )
- 4 Tbs 60g confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon orange blossom water
- Zest of ½ a small lemon
- 2 cups 280g all purpose flour
- ¾ cup ground toasted pistachios
- Extra confectioners’ sugar (for coating)
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add zest, orange blossom water and beat well.
- Add flour, 1 cup at a time and then the pistachios. Mix just until smooth.
- Gather into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll portions of cold dough between your palms to form balls.
- Place 1-inch apart on lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until they are a bit golden and cracked.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack. Roll in some extra confectioners’ sugar to coat.
- These cookies freeze well unbaked.
- When you need them, just line them up on a parchment-lined or greased baking tray, thaw, and bake.