For the dough:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Roll dough and fit into an 8-inch (20cm) square pan.
- Put a piece of aluminum foil over bottom and up two sides of the pan, so it's easier to unmold later; just grab the foil and lift.
- I used a square bottomless mold with aluminum foil, and directly marked the rolled dough with the pan, so it fits perfectly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden but completely done. Let cool on wire rack.
For the caramel:
- Prepare caramel according to recipe.
- Spread evenly over cooled graham cracker crust.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or leave at room tº a few hours until it solidifies.
For the chocolate topping:
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave or in a bowl over a double boiler and spread carefully and evenly over caramel layer.
- Leave at room temperature until it cools and then refrigerate, covered, until it solidifies.
- When ready to serve, unmold carefully, cut into squares and serve.
- Can be frozen wrapped in double aluminum foil.
Use dulce de leche instead of making the caramel if you want a super fast version of this recipe.
Keywords: millionaire bars, caramel bars