Caramelized white chocolate is the new wonder of my baking world, and these creamy custards are the new dessert you were waiting for!
For the custard:
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF.
- Have ready a baking tray with 6 individual ramekins.
- In a large bowl stir the egg yolks to blend. Reserve.
- In a medium saucepan heat caramelized white chocolate, cream and milk. Let it boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add this mixture to the egg yolks, whisking constantly and quickly to prevent curdling. Mix until well blended. Sieve the mixture into the ramekins, dividing evenly.
- Put the baking tray in the oven, and fill with 1 inch of hot water. Bake the custards until slightly jiggly, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool five minutes, and then cover with plastic wrap, letting it completely touch the top of the custards, to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours.
- Can be kept covered, in the refrigerator, for a few days.
- To serve, spoon some whipped cream on top of each custard, grate some zest over it and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
For the flavored cream:
- In a bowl beat cream until beginning to thicken.
- Add liqueur or vanilla and beat to desired consistency.
- Keep refrigerated, covered.
Liquor: change the flavor of the cream and use your favorite fruity liquor.
White chocolate: instead of caramelizing the chocolate, I like to use the caramelized one from Valrhona, Dulcey. I simply love it.
Keywords: white chocolate custards