But first things first, the dough made in the processor is a thing to try. Like now.
Like, don't waste another second and make the bread today. I've used both methods and are never going back to the standing mixer or hand kneading with this one.
Semolina is a favorite ingredient of mine. The texture and color it gives bread is unique. Slightly golden, slightly wheaty,
slightly sweet. No wonder it's such a great foundation for so many ingredients.
Easy and full of flavor bruschettas with pea and mint puree, topped with salty goat cheese. A fabulous appetizer that comes together in 15 minutes!
- 10 oz 300g bag frozen peas
- 2 Tbs chopped fresh mint
- 3 - 4 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz 115g Goat Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 6 slices Semolina Bread
- Lemon zest (to garnish)
- Chopped fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Defrost peas and put in blender or food processor.
- Add mint, olive oil and pulse until pureed. Add salt and pepper.
- Toast slices of bread on both sides (I use the toaster oven). Let cool for a few minutes.
- Divide pea puree equally between toasted bread.
- Top with feta cheese, a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper, some lemon zest and parsley.