- 1/3 cup medium coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic (you can use minced fresh garlic, but add it before serving it and don’t add it to the jar if you’re keeping the salt for later)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion powder
- A few tablespoons olive oil
- A few tablespoons butter (melter)
- 1 pound potatoes (scrubbed and dried, with skin)
- Mix all ingredients except potato wedges and olive oil in a jar.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC / 350ºF.
- Put aluminum foil in an oven tray (it makes it easier to clean up afterwards).
- Cut washed and dried potatoes in half, and then each half in thirds or fourths, depending on how big you want the wedges. Put them in a bowl.
- Add melted butter and oil to the potatoes and mix a bit to coat the wedges.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until they are tender and golden.
- Add a few tablespoons of the spice mixture and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, until they are crunchy and golden.
- Serve immediately with more spice salt if you want to.